Can Art by Kathleen Young

Can Art by Kathleen Young
(c) 2015

Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's almost the end of January.  It's cold. And wet.  If I was in to crabs, I would be on the Coast with my crab pot.  I'm allergic to crab, sad to say.  But I would be more than willing to spend the day on a dock waiting for my pot to fill for the Old Man.  He's more than willing to spend the day shoulder deep in sand and muck to find clams and other shellfish for my culinary endeavors.  It's a yin/yang thing.

It's the time of year that you pull jars of canned goods you sweated over making in the summer months to expand your kitchen now.  Pickled Serrano's.  Crushed Tomatoes.  Spiced Apple Chutney.

Dinner tonight:  It's cold.  It's windy.  It's rainy.  We have spent the afternoon out Geocaching.  Liver and Onions in Spiced Apple Chutney Sauce, New Potatoes, and Acorn Squash.  Fresh garlic from the local High End Market.

Settling in for the night.  Will write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment